We all know the smell. We love it We CRAVE it! There’s nothing better than walking in a room where the fresh aroma of chocolate chips are baking in the oven. It’s like our own little slice of heaven, if I must say so myself. Back when I was a little girl, my mom used to make these chocolate chip cookies at LEAST once a month, and they were gone the minute they hit the plate!
After experimenting constantly, trying to perfect our own homemade recipe, she finally got one where the cookies literally melted in our mouths, and we haven’t looked back since. I wanted to share this recipe with you because it deserves to be known to the world. There’s a big difference between buying a tube of premade cookie dough from HEB or Walmart, or wherever it is you like to shop, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. They just taste so much BETTER. Probably due to the love going in when they’re made, but that’s just me.
So now I present to you, one of, if not THE BEST, chocolate chip cookie recipes you will ever see.
- 1 cup salted butter* softened
- 1 cup white (granulated) sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with PAM or lightly spread butter, whichever you prefer, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside for later.
- Blend together butter and sugars until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Pour in the dry ingredients a little at a time until combined.
- Add both types of chocolate chips and mix well, making sure there is an even spread.
- Roll 2-3 tablespoons (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes. Take them out when they are BARELY starting to turn brown. They will finish baking once removed from the oven.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- Pour a glass of milk, grab a few cookies, and enjoy!